Monday, February 5, 2018

Meet our new author, Trish Edmisten!

Trish Edmisten

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
Probably in the fifth grade. I was writing short stories. When my teacher read one and saw that my dialogue was missing quotation marks, she took the time to teach me how to use them even though the class wasn’t at that point yet. It made me see what my stories could be.
How long does it take you to write a book?
 Since I have a day job, it usually takes 2 to 3 months.

What is your work schedule like when you’re writing?
 My evenings and weekends are devoted to writing.
What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
 I have a blank book I use to jot down story ideas, plot points, character outlines and the like, but I have to use a particular type of pen in the book. Any old pen won’t do.
How do your books get published?
 I do it myself.
Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
  I don’t think I’m limited. Sometimes, ideas come from a new story or something I’ve seen. I’ve even been inspired by things I’ve been through. Most of the time, an idea just pops into my head and won’t leave until I write it down.
When did you write your first book and how old were you?
  I was twelve. It was about a mermaid princess named Frostina. Don’t judge me too hard. Like I said, I was twelve.
What do you like to do when you’re not writing?
  Of course, I like to read. I also like to spend time with my husband. I love to shop and play tennis and take walks.
What does your family think of your writing?
  They’re supportive, but they don’t read what I write. My husband doesn’t care for romance. My older daughter doesn’t like it much either, and my younger daughter refuses to tell her friends what kind of books I write since they all have sex scenes.
What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
 Writing the book is the easy part. It’s everything that comes after, the editing and formatting and marketing and such, that make it feel like work.
How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
  I think I’m up to 16 titles now, but my favorite is the first. Letters from Linc. It showed me that I can do this and people will read and like my books.
 Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer?
  If so, what are they? Never stop writing. The more you write, the more your craft will improve. If you’re going to read reviews, read the bad ones too. Those can hurt your soul, but they sometimes have good advice buried under the snark.
Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?
  I don’t hear from them directly too often, but they comment on my social media posts. The thing I heard recently was that every one of my books was so good that the reader will read everything I write, even my grocery lists. I love that!
Do you like to create books for adults?
  Lately, that’s all I do. I think the new adult genre suits me best.
What do you think makes a good story?
  Having something real to say with characters and stories that readers can relate to. And of course, you need solid editing. I want readers to focus on the story and not distract them with bad editing.
As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
  First, it was a pediatrician. Then it was a teacher and then a lawyer. I even wanted to be a fighter pilot in the Navy for a short time.
 Any books in the works?
  Always, but the next one is my second book in the New Beginning series called Standing On His Own.
 What are your plans for the future?
 Read, write, travel and become a best selling author.
209d6-line2b8

Trish has quite a few books and
I’m happy to announce her latest book

Trish the truth inside 1-5-18.jpg5-star review
Elizabeth Agiantritis
Great beginning to a new series
This book is the start of a new series, which introduces us to friends Nate, Stone, Ken, Joel, and Slade. Nate is an underground MMA fighter in training, with dreams of one day fighting in the UFC. But Nate is hiding a secret, one that means his dream may never come true, but that also has him hesitating to reveal his true self to Natalie, the girl that has captured his interest. This book deals with a subject matter that has not been widely explored before and it does so with sensitivity and true understanding.

Trish The Truth Inside   New Beginnings Book 1.jpg
The Truth Inside
(New Beginnings Book 1)
Can be found at:

Amazon
Apple iBooks
Barnes & Noble
Rakuten-Kobo

Check out her Amazon Author
Page to see all her books!


No comments:

Post a Comment