Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Meet our new author Judy Mastrangelo and check out two of her books!

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
I’ve always loved to create paintings, even as a child, and writing about my graphic art has always been enjoyable to me too.
 How long does it take you to write a book?
I “Daydream” about my work in the beginning, and create what I call a “Mind Painting” of my ideas.  So my illustrations and writing for a book go hand in hand together.  I always illustrate all of my books.  I don’t paint very quickly, since it’s a labor of Love for me, and I try to make my art as good as I can.   So that sometimes it takes me several years to complete a book that I’ve both written and illustrated.
 What is your work schedule like when you’re writing?
Some of my work time is “in my mind” in the beginning of my workday.  So doing actual painting and writing varies throughout each day.  My creative process is very enjoyable to me, and as a result, I don’t usually keep to a strict schedule. 
 What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I suppose the answer to that is my process of combining the art of painting and writing together to create a book.
How do your books get published?
I work with a publisher who puts my books on the market.
 Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
My ideas come to me from various influences of the world around me.  They could come from my love of Nature, People, Animals, Fantasy stories, etc.  Many things.
When did you write your first book and how old were you?
I was in my teens.
What do you like to do when you’re not writing?
I enjoy life with my husband, the beauty of Nature, listening to Music, studying wonderful and talented Fine Art Painters of the past and present, etc.
What does your family think of your writing?
They are very happy about my art of combining writing and book illustrations together.
 What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
That it is great fun to do.
How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
My favorite is “WHAT DO BUNNIES DO ALL DAY?” written about the first adventure of our own little pet rabbit.
I’ve written 15 books that are in print and on the market.  MY AUTHORS PAGE ON USA AMAZON is:
Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?
I often hear from fans on Facebook, and they say very complimentary things about my work.
Do you like to create books for adults?
I mostly create books for all ages ~ for both the young and the young at heart to enjoy.
What do you think makes a good story?
Something that is very dear to the creator’s heart, and that they love.
 As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
I wanted to become a Fine Art Painter and an author who writes stories to go along with my illustrations.
 Any books in the works?
I’m presently finishing up an original illustrated Fairy Tale, which is not yet finished.
 In September 2020 I will have a new Oracle Card Deck entitled “INSPIRATIONAL VISIONS ORACLE CARD DECK” which I’ve both written and illustrated, published by “Red Feather”, a division of Schiffer publishing company.  It is available for preorder now:   https://www.schifferbooks.com/inspirational-visions-oracle-cards-6897.html?zenid=933279a8eea0f3fa1f6188836d836305
Amazon:
 What are your plans for the future?
I have many exciting projects planned for the future, including several illustrated books that I’ll be writing and illustrating. 

Decorative elements and ornaments

What do Bunnies do all Day and 
Learn To Draw Bunny And His Friends
by Judy Mastrangelo


Judy what do bunnies do all day
Line Blurb
This little book of about 200 words will delight even the very young toddler. In this gentle story, illustrated by exquisite watercolors, Little Bunny learns that whatever he does is all right with Mother Bunny. Parents can use this story as an introduction to telling their own child that no matter what, he or she will still be loved.
Line review
Laura
A Child Can Relate
I think the storyline is ideal for young children. It is natural for a child to wonder, “What does a bunny do all day?” The book gives credible and understandable answers in the young bunny’s adventuresome day. Sweet drawings. I really like that the mother rabbit and the bunny are not depicted with long eyelashes and pointed noses as we often see in-store merchandise. This is a good bedtime story for a child because the last line reads, “Then she [Mother Bunny] fed Little Bunny his supper and put him to bed.”
Line buy links
Judy what do bunnies do all day

Amazon


line-8

Judy learn how to draw bunny and his friends
Line Blurb
Learn To Draw Bunny and His Friends is a companion book to Judy Mastrangelo’s book What Do Bunnies Do All Day? In this new book she shows easy to do, attractive, and fun ways to learn to draw Little Bunny’s Animal and Flower Friends, that he met in the book about his adventure. In her method of teaching, Judy first shows a completed painting of each picture. Then next she shows you, in three simple steps, very easy to understand ways of drawing it. Some of the Animals she shows how to draw are Rabbits, Frogs, Butterflies, and Turtles. Then Daffodils, Daisies, and Buttercups are some of the Flowers she describes drawing. Judy encourages people to look closely at nature to see special characteristics. She often includes helpful information, such as how Violets, Pansies, and Johnny-Jump-Ups look similar since they are in the same Flower family. Judy also includes at the end of the book, some pretty pages on which people can draw their own pictures of Animals and Flowers. And for inspiration, the borders of these drawing pages are decorated in a delightful way with her small pictures. You will really enjoy drawing Bunny’s Friends, when you follow Judy’s easy “Learn To Draw” steps in this book. If you practice drawing, your artistic talent will certainly blossom.
Line buy links
Judy learn to draw

Amazon – Paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment