Monday, March 23, 2020

CROSS TIES BY CAROLYN M BOWEN - ONE WOMAN'S COURAGE TO REBEL AGAINST 19TH CENTURY ENGLISH SOCIETY.


Leah is not your typical young woman. A debutante from an upper-class aristocratic family, her Caribbean mother had died giving birth to Leah.
On her 18th birthday, Leah's arranged marriage is announced. But she has something else in mind, and decides to escape with her true love Brandon: the son of a local shipping magnate.
What follows is the story of a young woman coming of age, seizing her independence when nothing else would suit.
Wow, what an adventure! Admittedly, I’m usually not a big fan of these kinds of books (I tend to stick to the sci-fi and romance genres) but I decided to give “Cross-Ties” a chance and go into the read with an open mind, and I must say that it turned out to be a great decision. I could see early on, within the first few chapters, that the author is truly talented when it comes to weaving words into stories. The prose flows in a very smooth manner while conveying everything in very vivid way – I personally found it easy to visualize many of the scenes and also empathize and understand the feelings of Leah, the protagonist. I highly recommend ‘Cross-Ties’ to readers looking for a genuinely immersive and adventurous read. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for future releases by Carolyn M. Bowen.
KINDLEPAPERBACK

No comments:

Post a Comment