Monday, May 21, 2018

Meet author L.A. Remenicky – “Saving Cassie” (Fairfield Corners Book 1) – #Romance, #Mystery&Suspense, #Suspense, #Ghosts, #Paranormal, #Demons&Devils

Lori

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
It’s been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember. I’ve been an avid bookworm since I first learned to read.
How long does it take you to write a book?
Usually, about 3 – 4 months.
What is your work schedule like when you’re writing?
It varies due to my “day job” – I try to write something every day – doesn’t always happen.
What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I don’t know if it’s interesting or not but I have to have music playing in the background. I can’t write in total silence.
How do your books get published?
I am with a small, indie publisher – Lavish Publishing.
Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
Most of my story ideas come from music lyrics, but I also get ideas from television shows, random comments, pretty much anything that makes me ask “What if?” Saving Cassie came from a dream and the lyrics to (Everything I Do) I Do It For You by Bryan Adams.
When did you write your first book and how old were you?
I wrote Saving Cassie during NaNoWriMo in 2013 (I was 49). A friend mentioned this really cool contest where you try to write 50,000 words in a month. I thought, why not? So I signed up and wrote 50,000 words that November, it was a mess but that mess turned into Saving Cassie. After a lot of editing, I published it 2014.
What do you like to do when you’re not writing?
Read, watch television, travel.
What does your family think of your writing?
I’m lucky in that they are very supportive. My mom reads all my books.
What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
That I could write something that others enjoy reading.
How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
I currently have 7 published along with a short story and a novelette in anthologies. My favorite is Saving Cassie, only because it was the first.
Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?
Read, read, read. Write, write, write. Finding a critique partner/alpha reader who will be honest (and not just say they love it) is a huge help.
Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?
Not much except from my very small core group of readers.
Do you like to create books for adults?
Yes, I love writing romance.
What do you think makes a good story?
That’s a hard question. A good story will draw you in while leaving just enough to the imagination – difficult to explain.
As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
I wanted to be an author or a famous singer. I can’t carry a tune in a bucket so it’s a good thing I can write, lol.
Any books in the works?
Yes, I am currently finishing up the 2nd in the Love On The Double Duet – Beyond Duty (Loving Jessie’s Girl is book 1). I am also working on a story for an anthology and a couple of other ideas that are still in the planning stages.
What are your plans for the future?
Writing, of course. Finish the Fairfield Corners series (2 more books planned), start a Rockstar series.
 
Line Blurb
 After ten years in the big city, Cassie Holt is back in Fairfield Corners. She may look like the same girl who left home a decade before, but she’s hiding a dark truth from everyone. When her demon-possessed ex-fiance threatens her life, her best friend–who just happens to be the local sheriff—offers his help.
Deputy Logan Miller has been burned by love. He’s not looking to get involved, but duty calls when the sheriff tasks him with Cassie’s protection. Thrown into close quarters with the gorgeous bookseller, sparks fly. Logan is drawn to Cassie, but it’s hard to trust someone so guarded.
With Cassie’s life and the future of the world at stake, can Logan protect Cassie–and his heart?
Lori saving cassie 5-21-18.jpg
#Hoosierauthor #FairfieldCorners
Line review
A.C. Wilson
Spooky and impossible to put down
I have to start by saying that this book was a pleasure to read. It is also the first that I have read by L.A. Remenicky. That being said, I found her characters to be real, believable, down to earth and charming.
Cassie is a woman who has never felt “right” in her own skin, and things start to happen that make absolutely no sense at all. First, her parents are killed leaving her orphaned and alone with her grandmother. Then her grandmother dies in a mysterious way leaving Cassie the sole heir of the house she grew up in and her grandmother’s bookstore. All places that mean a great deal to her, but somehow host something out to get her.
Logan is a new cop who just happens to meet Cassie in typical cop fashion…she gets a speeding ticket. He has no knowledge that his boss, the sheriff, is also Cassie’s best friend and the closest thing to a relative she has now. Logan is immediately drawn to Cassie, and it slowly reveals itself in a haunting and highly anticipated way. Logan was sent to save Cassie from the demon entity that inhabited a “friend” from her parents’ past. Spooky, right? I thought so too. How do you fight a demon? How do you hold onto the love of your life and the warmth of the past? What happens when that demon is dead set on destroying not only you but everything you thought you could ever want? Cassie knows.

Saving Cassie (Fairfield Corners Book 1).jpg

“Saving Cassie”
(Fairfield Corners Book 1)
by L.A. Remenicky
Can be found at:

Amazon
Apple iBooks
Audible
Barnes & Noble
Books-A-Million
BookDaily

No comments:

Post a Comment