Monday, May 14, 2018

Don’t forget to vote, on AuthorsDB, for the cover for “Shadows & Lies” (A Carson Reno Mystery) by Award-winning author Gerald W. Darnell , #VoteforCover, #BookReview, #Mystery

Ger

Click here to vote for the cover for
“Shadows and Lies”

Ger line

5-star review
Author Darnell pulled me right in from the prologue and made me sit in the lobby of The Peabody Hotel.
By Owen Parr
This was my first Carson Reno detective novel, and I’m now a fan. A detective story that weaves its way through magnificently described settings; Memphis, Tennessee, in the 1960’s, and characters that come to life, in front of you. Darnell’s ability to described and develop his cast of players is marvelous. I got to know his main character, Carson Reno, as he, in the first person, tells the story, and lets me know his feelings and thoughts, in his own irreverent way. From the prologue, I felt as if, Author Darnell, had pulled me in by my shirt collar, into The Peabody Hotel’s lobby, where Carson has his detective office, next to the Down Under Bar. I didn’t have to guess what the characters looked like, no, I could see all of them, their quirks and mannerisms. The murder plot (or murders), is very intriguing, twist and turns, clues everywhere, multiple suspects— that make the amateur detective in all of us, ‘sleuth’ our way through the book. If you enjoy a detective –whodunit novel, you’ll enjoy this one. “Another Jack Daniels and Coke please, Andy,” said Reno.

Line for video

Ger shadows & Lies Christmas

“Shadow and Lies”
(Carson Reno Mystery Series – Book 16)
by Award-winning author Gerald W. Darnell
Can be found at:

Amazon – FREE on Kindle Unlimited 
Barnes & Noble
Books-A-Million
Lulu

No comments:

Post a Comment