Monday, September 3, 2018

“A Poet’s Journey” (Emotions) by Marta Moran Bishop – #Poetry, #Themes&Styles, #Inspirational&Religious

Marta Animated GIF-downsized_large
Line Blurb
A Poet’s Journey: Emotions: is Ms. Bishop’s first book of adult poetry. In its pages, you will find the good, bad, and beautiful of being human. It is divided into six categories, Love, Death, Betrayal, Nature, Villain or Hero, and Silly Me.
The verses include a glimpse into the heart and soul of one woman, who lived through a year, full of a roller-coaster of emotions, yet she retained her ability to see the silly side to things and beauty in the world around her.
If you like poetry, this is the book for you if you have grown up thinking poetry is difficult to understand, pick this book up for, within it, one can find something that will resonate with you.
This unique collection brings together works as diverse and influential as The Works of Edgar Allan Poe, the poems of Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Maya Angelou, and Robert Frost. It is a must-have addition to any library.
Line review
Poetry that induces a rich and enlivening read…
By Dodester
The poems in EMOTIONS convey the author’s views about nature, love, relationships, life and death. My usual preference is to read novels and memoirs yet, after my read of the author’s real-life story, ‘Dinky: The Nurse Mare’s Foal,’ I found myself gravitating towards her poetry.
The poetry in EMOTIONS is poignant; the flow of words in each poem induced in me a rich and enlivening experience during my read. Although many of the poems are validations of Ms. Bishop’s personal emotional roller coaster ride due to her life’s experiences, it often felt as if the author was writing about my own. I resonated deeply with “Fire Within,” “Invisibility” and “Lessons of Life”– each triggered vivid memories and gave me pause to reflect on aspects of my own journey through life.
The poems in ‘Nature’ took me into a place of nostalgia, moments when I took more time to pause and listen to the world around me. The poetry in the category, ‘Silly Me,’ took me back into childhood; they are simply delightful.
“Death I Am Not Afraid” and “Life’s Miracles” are two that especially resonate with the person that I am today.

Line buy links
Marta A poets journey

Amazon
Apple iBooks
Barnes & Noble
Audible Send Marta Moran Bishop
a PM on Facebook to get
this audiobook for FREE

Books-A-Million
Kobo
Smashwords

No comments:

Post a Comment