Monday, June 4, 2018

Meet Author Kevin J. Kessler! – Featuring: “Rosinanti: The Complete Collection” – #ScienceFiction&Fantasy, #Fantasy, #Sword&Sorcery, #Literature&Fiction, #GenreFiction, #Horror, #Dark Fantasy

Kevin

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
Since the moment I first learned what a book was, I knew that I wanted to create one. Reading was a huge passion of mine as a child. Like most of us in this book community, I was the kid who brought a book with him everywhere. I would take the things that I read and create fanfiction stories in my head. Then, playing with my friends who lived on my street, we’d be pretending to be Power Rangers or X-Men, and instead of being one of those established characters, I wanted to create my own heroes and villains.
 I was bullied pretty terribly as a child. I found solace in fictional worlds. Creating my own stories. Breathing life into my own worlds. So I started writing them down as a form of escapism.
How long does it take you to write a book?
It really depends on the length and emotional toll the work takes on me. Shortest ever was three months. Longest ever was a year.
What is your work schedule like when you’re writing?
I try to write for at least two to three hours a day, or until I meet or exceed a chosen word count. 1,200 is my daily quota. Some days I blow past it, and some I don’t do any. I write for a living as well so sometimes there’s no creative energy for my own projects.
What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I write large scale battles that blend traditional fantasy elements with modern superhero style fighting. As a former professional wrestler, I’m well versed in the art of telling a story through combat and bringing the audience up and down on an emotional ride with me.
How do your books get published?
I’m published through Lavish Publishing.
Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
I wouldn’t say I get my ideas from anywhere specifically. I tend to draw from mythology a lot, which was my favorite as a child. I believe heavily in the balance of light and darkness, so that of course usually plays a role. As for information, I Google.
When did you write your first book and how old were you?
I started writing the first Rosinanti when I was 16. I finished it at 31.
What do you like to do when you’re not writing?
I go to theme parks. I live in Orlando, so Disney World is right there. I am a podcaster, and I podcast about Disney World. My show is called 2 Men and The Mouse. I play video games, I read, I do a lot of things!
What does your family think of your writing?
They’ve always been super supportive. Without my Nana pushing me I never would have published Rosinanti.
What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
I always saw myself as a YA writer, but as I kept going, I found my true passion and talents were in telling darker fantasy stories. I also learned that I can’t plan books out. I need to just write and let the story and characters guide me. I think it’s a fun way to create!
How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
I have five on the market, and I just finished my sixth. The first Rosinanti will always have a special place in my heart, but my favorites are Rise of The Dragon Lord and Winters of Alnora: Birth of The Dark Angel.
 Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?
Just write. Every day. Chase your creativity and free write. See where it goes. Let yourself become a vessel for the art of storytelling. Get it all out there, then go back and rewrite over and over and over again until it’s a polished piece of literature.
Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?
Not as much as I would like! I enjoy talking theories with them. Sometimes they see things in my characters that I myself mixed. I create these stories for the readers, so hearing their opinions means the world to me.
Do you like to create books for adults?
Yes, that’s become more my forte in recent months. Dark fantasy has kinda taken over my life! Sorry YA!
What do you think makes a good story?
A compelling protagonist and antagonist. If either is underdeveloped or lacks a clear motive, then the story is flat. A hero and a villain are needed in all great stories.
As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
I wanted to be an author, an actor, a singer, and a professional wrestler. I’ve done all of those things!
 Any books in the works?
Absolutely. The first installment of the John Merlyn series, “Blood Ties” is finished and going through the fine-tuning process right now. I’ve also started on the second book, “The Disciples of Darkness.”
 What are your plans for the future?
I’m putting all of my focus on Merlyn at the moment. I’m releasing it as episodic novellas, all self-contained stories that contribute to a larger story that encompasses the whole volume. Then, I have a few other similar series I want to start that will share a universe with Merlyn. World building is exciting!

Kevin the complete rosinanti 6-4-18.jpg
#Rosinanti #KevinJKessler #JohnMerlyn #WintersOfAlnora
Line Blurb
The Rosinanti Dragons are no more. Since their extinction nearly one thousand years ago these primal powerhouses have fallen into the obscurity of history’s forgotten lore. In that time, humans have come to dominate the world of Terra, peacefully ignorant to one horrifying truth: ancient evil stirs around them, waiting to reclaim its lost world.
For Valentean Burai, animus warrior of the kingdom of Kackritta, the details surrounding humanity’s victory over the Rosinanti are more than just a history lesson. The long-buried mysteries of this archaic conflict may hold the answers that he has so desperately sought regarding his own past.
As the awful truth of the Rosinanti’s supposed demise comes to light, Valentean must stand together with Seraphina, a magically gifted princess, to embark upon a mission to maintain order and light throughout Terra. Only together can these two lifelong friends face down the resurgence of the Rosinanti legacy, and combat the greatest threat their world has ever known.

Kevin Rosinanti   The Complete Collection.jpg

“Rosinanti: The Complete Collection”
by Kevin J. Kessler
Can be found at:

Amazon – FREE on Kindle Unlimited

No comments:

Post a Comment