Tuesday, February 22, 2022

“A gorgeous introduction to flowers in the garden” – Flower Fairies: Portal To The Land of Fae Paperback Written and Illustrated by Judy Mastrangelo

 


This is the first volume in Judy Mastrangelo’s four-book series entitled “PORTAL TO THE LAND OF FAE”, which tells about the enchanting World of Fairies. The other three books in the series are titled “SECRETS OF THE FAIRIES”, “FAIRYTALE FAIRIES”, and “MYSTICAL FAIRIES”.Judy Mastrangelo is a world-renowned Artist and Author, especially known for her depictions of the Fairy Realm. Her paintings follow in the Fine Art tradition of the “Artists of the Golden Age of Illustration”. This “FLOWER FAIRIES” book tells about the precious Elves and Fairies who live amongst the Flowers. Some examples are the graceful “Rose Fairy”, and the mischievous “Columbine Elf”. Her beautifully intricate and colorful paintings are accompanied by delightful poetic descriptions of each Flower Spirit. Judy’s “PORTAL TO THE LAND OF FAE” books are sure to delight those of all ages who enjoy these amazing, Magical, and Whimsical Beings.

Robbie Cheadle

A gorgeous introduction to flowers in the garden

This is the third book I have read in this delightful series and it is the one that I loved the most. The idea of each flower being protected by its own fairy was one of my favourite fantasies as a young girl and this book with its incredible illustrations has brought my childhood dreams to life.

The second poem in this book, Parade of Flowers, is a gorgeous introduction to all the flowers in the garden and the order of their appearance and the illustration of the flower fairies marching in a line is adorable.

Each flower has its own fairy and illustration, many of which depict small children and are just so cute. My two favourite poems depicted elves. The first, Daffodil Elf, says:
“He loves to sit on his
sunny yellow Daffodil
and look out upon
the Bright Blue Sky.”
I love the bright yellow of daffodils and this poem captured my imagination.

The other poem I adored is called Sweet Pea Elves and is illustrated with two naughty little boy elves eating sweets. This is just so typical of little boys.
“Every chance they get,
they nibble on Candy, Cakes, and Cookies.
These Elves will climb up miles and miles on their vines,
to get a Yummy Treat.”

I bought this book as a Christmas present for my niece but I love it so much, I think I will be ordering one for myself.

Amazon – FREE on Kindle Unlimited
Amazon – Paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment