Tuesday, August 4, 2020

“sweet and spicy”…”smooth as butter” Southwest of Homer Book 3

SAILING BACKWARDS 

SOUTHWEST OF HOMER BOOK 3 

CHERIME MACFARLANE

 

SAILING BACKWARD.jpg

Sailing Backward (Southwest of Homer Book 3) by [MacFarlane, Cherime]

January 10, 2019

Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase

I’m afraid of bodies of water. Especially LARGE bodies of water. So would I normally pick up a romance novel about a woman (Olivia) sailing her boat all the way from Hawaii to Alaska? And as she sails, picking up a stranded guy (Don) in the middle of the Gulf of Alaska on her way? That would be an emphatic no. That said, I have long dreamed of one day visiting Alaska and its pristine beauty. So when I read the excerpt on this story I was intrigued and had to check it out.

Believe me when I say I was not let down at all. This was a really good Alaskan romance, with the heroine as the hero for once, and the author, Cherime MacFarlane has done an exemplary job with her beautiful descriptions. Admittedly, it took a little bit for me to get into it initially as it started a little slow for me personally. This was mostly due to the fact that there is a fair amount of nautical terms and jargon used within of which I was unfamiliar with because, well, I’m afraid of water and will NEVER be caught dead, or alive, on a boat. So for me, a lot of that went way over my head.

But the story is well written and the characters were clearly defined. I had a little trouble after a bit keeping some character names straight. It felt like quite a few more were popping up as I read along. This novel is the third or fourth in the series, I believe, so its possible some of the names were from previous stories. But rest assured, this CAN be read as a stand-alone without difficulty .

I would highly recommend this story for anyone looking for a good romance with an ending that’ll make you laugh out loud. (At least, it did for me.)

AVAILABLE AT AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment