Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Poems of Love and Loss (Feelings Into Words) A DIME IS A SIGN SHERRILL S. CANNON

DIME IS A SIGN SSC.jpg

A DIME IS A SIGN Sherrill S. Cannon

A Dime is a Sign Through Time
If you find a dime,
You will know that I’m
Sending thoughts of love
Through the veil of time.
Ten cents with a silver shine,
A sense sent you to help remind
That someone who left you behind
Is always living in your mind.
Sending love and vibes,
Felt as psychic sighs …
The ones that you miss,
Send you a kiss …
Sherrill S. Cannon’s second book of poetry contains messages written through the years in poetic form that put feelings into words. As a teacher, many of her poems helped counsel troubled teens and friends.
There are three sections in the book: Heads, Spinning, and Tails … (Love & Loss: Coin Toss?). The variety of lyrical poetry forms include free verse, blank verse, haiku, and sonnets, while some are just playing with words!

2017-D_Roosevelt_dime_reverse_transparent.png

May 1, 2019
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
A Dime is a Sign: Poems of Love and Loss (Feelings Into Words) by Sherrill S. Cannon walks us through emotions that we all feel.
It is a glorious collection of some of the most beautiful poems of our generation.
There wasn’t one that didn’t strike some cord in my heart and soul, to lie there and make me weep for loss or fill my heart with the glory of love.
Some of those that struck me the deepest were ‘Wall of Apprehension,’ a poem of fear to allow another in. Perhaps, the other will reject what you are, or you will feel by their response that you were a bother. ‘You, Friendship – I Love,’ helped me to realize that my shutting others out, for fear that my gestures would be mistaken for something else and I would find despair in the trying. And ‘Premature Goodbye,’ hit a chord deep in me for all those that I walked away from or that walked away from me, without the chance of explanation or renewal.
Ms. Cannon, outdid herself ‘A Dime is a Sign’ for she speaks directly to our hearts and souls. Whether it be a love poem or a poem of loss and sadness, this book holds something that will touch everyone.
It is a book to be cherished, reread, and savored time and again, for, in it, we will find our common humanity, our dreams of love, fear of loss and rejection, the joy of being, and we will grow more fully as humans.
Marta Moran Bishop
Author and Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment