Tuesday, April 20, 2021

What will he do to keep his wife from being a suspect? Anything.The MacGrough Clan Book 2 CHERIME MACFARLANE

 



It's 1988 and Bushmaster is about to become history in the worst way possible when the front man is electrocuted during sound check. Someone had enough. All the band members had a motive.

MacGrough: I didnae ken what tha lament tried tae tell me. Vince is dead, and tha band's done for. I understand more than tha polis, someone killed tha arse. But who and why now? If they look too close at Lori, I'm worried about what they may find. Someone burned my wife before we met. It's all circumstantial, she lived in Brighton and Vince had a woman there. It couldn't have been her. But, she's never said, and I canae get that out of my head.

Lori: We must get back to Glasgow. If Hamish doesn't get the album done in time, he will lose the backers. The cops have us trapped here. Hamish is acting strange. Yes, I understand it's a murder investigation but we should stay out of it. This is Hamish's family, when they find the killer, it will hurt him.



Reviewed in the United States on April 13, 2017
Verified Purchase
Another great novel by Cherime MacFarlane.

What I love about this author's work is the feeling of being there. I feel as if the author has an intimate knowledge of her characters and the space they inhabit, and she has the proven to convey the reality of the scene, without the story flow being punctured by weighty descriptions. The space the characters inhabit and the nature of each character comes through in the dialogue.
The world of wired for sound in one of the behind the scenes of the music world. It is realistic. The suspense plot is gripping, page turning, the romance deeply satisfying. As always, Cherime conveys a love for country that I share, and that makes me a huge fan of this author's work.

AVAILABLE AT AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment