Tuesday, January 26, 2021

“THIS SHOULD BE A MOVIE – BEST READ OF THE YEAR” – Viral Storm: A Dystopian Zombie Apocalypse Thriller (Viral Series Book 2) by Jade Lazlow

 

Line Blurb

“The sores forming with unholy speed on Harley’s arms and legs confirmed the infection was spreading. Its poison surged through her veins with such momentum that she could feel its sting in the current of her pulse. Unrelenting pain seared every cell, and she struggled to maintain focus, despite the fever raging in her blood.” – Viral StormViral Storm continues the story of Casey Williams and her friends attempting to flee the country and expose the evil work of BioGenetics, creators of the virus that spawned the zombie apocalypse. Euthanizing her best friend, who’d been infected with the virus, was the most soul-crushing thing Casey could have imagined, but that was nothing compared to what happens next… Like the first book in the series, Viral Dawn, Viral Storm has gore, violence, and dark themes common in zombie apocalyptic fiction, but the book focuses more on the characters’ lives than other elements. The story centers on strong, young adult female characters as do similar books in female-centered dystopian fiction like The Hunger Games, Twilight, Divergent, and The Year of the Flood. Join Casey as her struggle for survival continues in Viral Storm.

M. M. Bishop Award-winning author and poet

THIS SHOULD BE A MOVIE – BEST READ OF THE YEAR

How does one put into words the depth that a book took them into? Ms. Rankin’s Viral Storm (book 2) left me with feeling an enormous desire for the rest of the story. I could not put it down, it felt as if I was walking beside each of the characters as the story unfolded around me.
After listening to Book 1, Viral Dawn, I could hardly wait for book 2 and pre-ordered it. Although my (to be read list is long,} Viral Dawn had me in its sway and I put Viral Storm first on my list as soon as it became available.
I was not disappointed, from the first page, it kept me enthralled, weeping for Haley’s predicament and praying for Casey, Kyle, Jordan, and Verna to escape and find a way to save the world from the man-made virus that was let loose on the public by the evilness of the desire to control all things.
I could not put Viral Storm down until the last page of the book, even though it was the middle of the night and I knew it would make the next day more difficult for me. It is and was a thrilling read, my only regret is that I finished it and that I must wait till next year for its sequel.
Viral Dawn and Viral Storm are labeled as YA books, but for me, the characters were ageless, the story terrific, the plot deep, and it is a series that I will reread through the years, even though I am not a zombie fan as such, I have put it on my list of best reads of the month.
This series should be a movie or a TV series, it is that good.
Thank you Ms. Rankin for writing this series.

Jade viral storm

Amazon – FREE on Kindle Unlimited

No comments:

Post a Comment